At the end of the week even my dog Skip looks forward to run up north. Everything was fine but on Saturday night she acted very restless going out through the front door and coming in through the back door. I knew something was off but I couldn't read her mind. The next day I knew something was very wrong with her, she was lying in her favourite spot and breathing very rapidly and getting up with an arched back I know she was in pain.
We took her to our vet and the blood test showed that she had pancreatitis, an inflammation of the organ which is life threatening and has to be treated immediately. Administration of the medication wasn't easy and I had to get creative with my border collie. So we had birthday cakes every 8 hours, spiked with little dried liver pieces. It paid off and we are taking her for short walks. I am so happy to see her eating again and waiting at the door to go for a walk.


so happy to see skippy her self again
ReplyDeletemaybe she needs a visit with sidney