Sunday, January 22, 2012

Improv Patchwork

What to do with all the scraps from previous projects? The improv patchwork  class at our local fabric store the workroom is the answer. It is more  than sewing little bits and pieces together, it's about how
everyone in the group approaches each exercise differently. We brought a dozen of different fabric scraps ( some had bags) and made this......



next exercise:   bring a prepared fabric bundle from home , pick a number at the class and exchange it. This is interesting, you might end up with a colour palette you normally wouldn't pick.


the busy fabric I toned down with solid fabric and it has the 50's look

next exercise: fuzzy cut the centre  

This is my favourite piece. I chose a pale aquamarine palette with some charcoal solids.

2 comments:

  1. I should have taken this! It looks like so much fun! Next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a creative way to use up some fabrics.

    ReplyDelete