Friday, August 12, 2011

Brown wrapping paper never looked so good!


Does it happen to you that you have to shop for a special occasion but can't find the right gift? Weeks later you come across the perfect gift but it's too late. So yesterday I found a thing and her name was written all over it. Instead of stuffing it in a mailing envelope, I decided to transform the brown paper into a large canvas. The end result was taken to the post office where to guy in line ask me to take a photo of the parcel.


some detail work





I found this ad in a 1973 Time magazine






3 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful! they let you mail it with string on it? Usually they meke me take the string off.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic mail art! I am sure that it made everyone at the post office's day aw well as Carmi's. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your envelopes are gorgeous--an ephemeral art, interesting idea. Thanks you for your "I'm inspired by..." list. It got me to reflecting on the subject.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete