Monday, November 29, 2010

Scrappy Quilt workshop

I started last week my scrappy quilt at the workroom. Working with fabric you really, really love makes it so much more fun. Of course just at the right time a new shipment of Amy Bulter arrived . I feel like in a "deli store" a little of this fabric and a fat quarter please!

      
I decided to make the quilt a little bit larger I had to sew instead of 16 squares 36! So I packed my sewing machine for the weekend went up north and set up a production line - 2 inch fabric stripes placed on the kitchen counter, beside the ironing board and the sewing station at the dining table. Why the rush?
This is a 3 week class and without homework you would never finish the quilt in time and  pssst.....
it's a christmas present.







 For the back I picked the sea shell fabric from Kaffe Fassett mixed with Amy Butler .


It seems the owl is everywhere.
Hope you like sis!

1 comment:

  1. oooooooooooooooh all those delicious fabrics! What a fun project. You can just drown in all that eye candy. I LOVE the owl!

    ReplyDelete